Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS605606
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020
Beldon Education Support Centre (ESC) is seeking a dedicated, organised and highly motivated Manager of Corporate Services to join their friendly administrative team.
As a member of the executive team, the Manager of Corporate Services will also be responsible for the delivery of quality corporate services including buildings, asset management, financial and human resource management of the school. The successful applicant will also be responsible for ensuring all audit requirements are followed and provide consistency for financial planning and budgeting in the school.
As the Manager of Corporate Services, the successful applicant will need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively lead and manage all the support staff at the school, working in a team environment. You will play a significant strategic role in the implementation of the next Business Plan aligning resources, human and financial to meet the ambitious targets working closely with the Principal.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for managing public relations, marketing and communications for the school and will have the necessary Information and Communication Technology skills to keep the school website current, and to research current trends and designs.
A special feature of Beldon ESC is the ambience. Parents, teachers, administrators and education assistants share the same vision for the Centre and strive endlessly to ensure that it runs smoothly and maintains a high standard of excellence. The benefit of this positive working relationship is that the students receive a top level of education that will enable them to become successful members of our society.
Beldon ESC enrols children from areas other than the suburb of Beldon. The Centre has a bus service that delivers students from areas North, South and East of Beldon.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well-developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Beldon Education Support Centre can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Michele Mason, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9402 3544 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 18 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.