Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS604536
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Hammond Park Secondary College (SC) is seeking an innovative, dynamic and reliable Technical Support Officer with expert knowledge of Information Communication Technology (ICT) systems and their applications in the educational context, to join their friendly team.
As the Technical Support Officer, you will assist in maintaining ICT systems and equipment throughout the school, including developing solutions to identified problems and providing training, advice and support to staff and students on desktop and software applications. The ability to service and maintain hardware including printers and troubleshooting skills will be highly regarded.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working in a school using a ‘Mobile Device Management’ System is advantageous, as well as experience with the Department’s SoE4 environment, NAPLAN Online, Windows 10 desktops, Microsoft Service Environment, Papercut Print Services and the mass purchase and deployment of desktops/iPads and relative software apps. Development of an internal ticketed support system for staff will also be a requirement of the initial set up of the school.
The ideal candidate will also possess a working knowledge of the Department’s Connect environment and be able to assist staff with the integration of this and Office 365 into their classroom practice. The ability to develop and coordinate department and school based surveys would also be highly desirable.
The successful applicant will possess the ability to work autonomously, be reliable, friendly and consultative. You will ideally demonstrate a high degree of competence to research and identify appropriate software packages and other resources, assist with the installation and upgrading of ICT systems and maintain accurate records of assets and resources.
Opening in 2020, Hammond Park SC will accommodate 200 students in Year 7 during the first year, growing to 1450 students from Year 7 to 12 by 2025. The school is located in the City of Cockburn in a rapidly growing and developing area. Local students will be provided with a dynamic and innovative learning environment centred around the social and emotional wellbeing of each child.
Hammond Park SC is one of eight WA Public Private Partnership schools. The school is built, financed and maintained by project company EduWest. While the partnership is a very different way of delivering education facilities in the State, the students’ education remains the responsibility of the Department of Education, and the Principal, teachers and non-teaching staff are employed by the Department of Education as they are in all public schools.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements:
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels.
- Conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to develop innovative solutions to information technology problems.
- Ability to install and maintain network systems incorporating the Internet and Electronic Mail.
- Organisational skills to develop effective administrative practices and the initiative to work with minimum supervision.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hammond Park Secondary College can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information
Please contact Clint Wiltshire, Associate Principal, by telephoning 0413 995 517 or emailing Clinton.email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum four (4) page, statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 21 November, 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.