Advertised Vacancy Number Pool Ref IPS/SS607856
Do you possess excellent communication skills? Are ready to take on new challenges?
Cloverdale Education Support Centre (ESC) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and committed Education Assistant – Special Needs for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
Suitable applicants will, under teacher direction, assist in the implementation of specialised education programs such as occupational therapy, speech therapy and physiotherapy programs. You will also, as well as, provide feedback on education and therapy programs and participate in the evaluation process relating to the achievement of goals in special education.
Having skills and experience in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) strategies, Balanced Literacy and knowledge of iPad communication applications such as Proloquo2go, Direct Instruction is preferred.
Experience working with children who have Autism, Down's Syndrome, ADD/ADHD, hearing impairment (Auslan) and Global Development Delay is also recommended.
Cloverdale ESC caters for students with special needs. It is situated on the Cloverdale Primary School campus which is located in the City of Belmont. Belmont is an inner metropolitan suburb situated 15km from the city centre. Students enrol from Cloverdale, Belmont, Kewdale, Riverton and Redcliffe. A school bus transports students who do not live within walking distance. Cloverdale ESC was established in 1988 and moved into new facilities when Cloverdale and Whiteside primary schools amalgamated in 1998. It has well-appointed facilities with eight classrooms located in different teaching blocks throughout the school campus. All classrooms are air conditioned with teachers using a wide variety of technology in curriculum delivery. All classes have interactive white boards. Students use iPads as well as computers. The Centre has a Sensory Room and a Technology Hub. Cloverdale ESC shares a library, computer laboratory, music room, staff room, and playground areas with the primary school.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- effective written and oral communication skills, including report writing and the ability to effectively interact with students with special needs, and liaise with parents, teachers and community members and assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- effective interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute to a professional team and provide advice and evaluation in the development of the education program, including special education and therapy programs where they have been implemented.
- ability to assist professionals in the implementation and evaluation of education programs, including special education and, if required, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- knowledge and understanding of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- effective organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs and subsequent feedback and evaluation to teachers or psychologists.
- ability to assist with the general health and well being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cloverdale Education Support Centre can be found by visiting www.cloverdaleesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Deborah Taylor, Principal, by telephoning (08) 94387850 or emailing Principal.Cloverdale.ESC@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten Students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.