Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SA606632
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension for 12 months
Are you passionate about working with staff and students to make a difference?
The Western Australian College of Agriculture in Narrogin is seeking a Program Coordinator – Student Engagement. This role works in collaboration with the Principal and members of the administrative team, to provide educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision, and encouraging school staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals
The successful applicant will be expected to develop systems and practices aimed at supporting student engagement and performance. This will include proactive approaches to encouraging positive behaviour and development of systems for individual documented plans using a response to intervention framework. The Program Coordinator Student Engagement also establishes and manages administrative and operational systems in the relevant area of responsibility to ensure the effective operation of the school within departmental policy and guidelines.
The successful applicant will have well developed interpersonal skills and work closely with parents and other staff across all areas of the college, including the residence.
The Western Australian College of Agriculture Narrogin has a long and proud history of servicing the agricultural community of Western Australia. Students in years 10 through to 12 enrol from all over the state and the majority board on site in the residence.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College of Agriculture - Narrogin can be found by visiting www.narroginag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Stephen Watt, Principal by telephoning 9881 9700 or emailing Stephen.Watt@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)] work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED