Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS601777
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020.
Dalyellup College is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Laboratory Assistant to join their team.
The successful applicant will work as part of a small team, carrying out tasks relating to the preparation of materials and equipment for use in science classes. You will provide technical and practical assistance and support to ensure that learning is facilitated in a safe environment for both students and staff. Knowledge of safety practices and procedures is essential for this role.
Dalyellup College features contemporary, state-of-the-art facilities located in the community of Dalyellup some 10 kilometres from the city centre of Bunbury, in the Capel Shire. It is an Independent Public School catering for approximately 800 secondary students from Year 7-12. The community of Dalyellup (‘a village in the forest by the sea’) is growing, with new land and homes being built. The College forms part of an Independent Public Schools Cluster together with Dalyellup Primary School, Tuart Forest Primary School and Capel Primary School.
Dalyellup College has a vision to develop confident, informed and active global citizens through the delivery of high quality teaching and learning opportunities in a range of educational pathways that support student needs and interests. The College is a Positive Behaviour School and, through the practice and use of our values, promotes a safe learning environment and student development in respect, responsibility and resilience. This has been successful in building a safe and harmonious school culture and community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge of general science to Year 12 level or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- Organisational and time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages.
- Knowledge of safe working practices, laboratory safety requirements and procedures and a willingness for further training related to safety.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dalyellup College can be found by visiting www.dalyellupcollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Kelly Servaas, Business Support Officer for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Dalyellup, by telephoning (08) 9795 2000 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 20 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.