Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS605694
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension
Part-time job share arrangements will be considered for filling this vacancy.
Kulin District High School (DHS) is seeking an organised and customer-focussed School Officer to make a valuable contribution to their administrative team.
The School Officer is responsible for completing a variety of administrative duties. These include preparing notices and correspondence; providing information, advice and collecting documentation for new enrolments; entering student enrolment data and maintaining student attendance records; maintaining staff and relief staff records; and generating routine reports from school databases. They also assist with the induction and support of administrative school support staff, development of induction programs and materials for school support staff, and the coordination of relief staff.
Kulin DHS caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 10 and is located in the Central Wheatbelt, just over 100 kilometres east of Narrogin. Most of the students live on farms and travel to school on one of the six buses that service the area. The school is well resourced with facilities that include an information technology centre, science laboratory, an engineering and technology centre, home economics, art and library rooms.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kulin District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Jamie Mawer, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kulin, by telephoning (08) 9880 1264 or emailing Jamie.Mawer@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 20 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.