Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS605381
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
East Kenwick Primary School (PS) is seeking an experienced, positive and enthusiastic School Officer to join our dedicated team.
The School Officer provides key liaison and helps support co-ordination and delivery of administrative and customer focused support services within our school. The School Officer utilises the Integris system to enter student enrolment data, maintain student attendance records and generate routine reports from the school databases.
The successful applicant will ideally have the skills and ability to support the administration and management of financial and human resources within the school. An understanding of RM Billing and HRMIS is desirable. The successful applicant should be self-motivated and have a focus on team work and quality customer service delivery. The successful applicant will have strong oral and written communication skills and will be able to use the computer for word processing and data management.
East Kenwick Primary PS has been part of the Kenwick community for over 35 years. The school has a steady enrolment of around 400 students drawn from a diverse range of cultural backgrounds. Our young leaders accept strong academic and personal challenges and are expected to display our school motto ‘Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow’. We have a Positive Behaviour Support approach which has four underpinning guidelines: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Caring and Be Your Best.
During 2015 we gained Independent Public School status. This has provided us with greater flexibilities to deliver programs and resources to our students which better cater for their individual needs and differences.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about East Kenwick Primary School can be found by visiting www.eastkenwickps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Helen Cope , Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9459 1251 or emailing Helen.Cope@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to four (2-4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 21 November 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.