Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS606099
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Caversham South Primary School (planning name) is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Cleaner In Charge, who is able to lead other cleaners to establish and maintain a high standard of cleaning within our school.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the organising and supervising of school cleaning staff, liaising with the Manager Corporate Services on cleaning matters and provide on the job induction training for new cleaning staff. You will be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners. As Cleaner in Charge you will be well organised and have good record keeping skills. In order to be successful in this role, you will have superior communication and interpersonal skills and, preferably, experience in supervising staff.
Ideally, you will be a highly motivated and proactive person who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace in order to provide a visually pleasing and safe learning environment for our students, staff and visitors to the school. The successful applicant will be highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic. Our work environment is ideal for applicants who have an outgoing personality and are proactive. If you believe this environment would suit you, please apply.
Our school is located 15km from the centre of Perth in the growing suburb of Caversham, near the Swan Valley, surrounded by rapidly developing housing estates with many young families. Our school community includes families of different backgrounds and cultures, many from overseas where English is not always the first language or dialect spoken at home.
This brand new school will open for students for Kindergarten to Year 6, with our campus consisting of Administration, four teaching blocks, undercover assembly area, large library, excellent sporting facilities, and well maintained grounds providing a pleasant and inviting environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Caversham South Primary School (planning name) can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Danielle Reimer, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0436 915 798 or emailing Danielle.Reimer@education.wa.edu.au .
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Telephone Danielle Reimer, Manager Corporate Services, on 0436 915 798 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to Danielle.Reimer@education.wa.edu.au
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.