Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA605976
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Are you seeking a challenging, exciting and professionally satisfying career?
Champion Bay Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a highly motivated and innovative individual to lead our team of Science Teachers. The successful applicant will have strong qualities and capacity in curriculum leadership, effective team management, and strategic and operational planning processes responsive to student performance data and information. Aspirant applicants are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will, in collaboration with the principal and the leadership team, provide strong educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting shared ownership of the school vision and strategic direction. As part of the school leadership team, you will also be responsible for implementing and managing elements of the school business plan relevant to the Science Learning Area.
Champion Bay SHS is committed to the strategic development of high-quality teaching and learning in every classroom, supported by a developing culture of classroom observation and feedback, and professional learning teams. The successful applicant will demonstrate skills in curriculum leadership to effectively enable teacher development.
The successful applicant will also demonstrate proven capacity to lead the Science team to deliver a rigorous science curriculum that provides excellent educational progression and outcomes for every student. You will have an excellent understanding of data analysis, and skills in evidence-based planning and interventions to improve student learning outcomes in science. You will facilitate workforce effectiveness and role model professional development to ensure exemplary pedagogical practices and student outcomes in the Science Learning Area.
Champion Bay SHS, is located in the City of Greater Geraldton (approximately 415km north of Perth). From the start of the 2019 school year, our school has expanded to cater for students up to Year 10, and we will become a comprehensive Years 7-12 school by 2021. This expansion will enable students to complete all of their secondary education at our school, an exciting change that is widely embraced by our community. In 2020, the school will launch the Champions Innovation Academy, our Approved Specialist Program developing Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) skills.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Champion Bay SHS can be found by visiting www.championbayshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Julie Campbell, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Geraldton, by telephoning (08) 9965 8300 or emailing Julie.Campbell2@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements , in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 18 November 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.