Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS599580
Cowaramup Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Gardener – Handyperson for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2020.
Suitable applicants will have the capacity to work unsupervised with the ability to identify and recognise work that is required to be completed without specific direction. They will perform tasks and duties using safe work practices, and maintain accurate gardening records.
Suitable applicants will demonstrate experience servicing gardening/horticultural equipment and be able to carry out minor repairs and maintenance. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required to provide grounds and maintenance advice and support to the Manager Corporate Services.
Staff at Cowaramup PS know their impact and are eager to evaluate data to make improvements to our school programs. The school offers a number of whole school teaching programs such as Letters and Sounds, Words Their Way, Stepping Stones Mathematics and Positive Behaviour Support.
Cowaramup PS is a school of 330 students with an increasing enrolment. Our school values extensive nature play areas which allow students to be creative, imaginative and take risks in a supportive way. As a school we strive to keep our strong community and parent connection as our community and school grow.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Cowaramup Primary School please visit www.cowaramupps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Corien Ridley, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cowaramup, by telephoning (08) 9756 5400 or emailing Corien.Ridley@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to Corien.Ridley@education.wa.edu.au
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 20 November 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED