Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS605494
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Do you have excellent time management and organisational skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Wanneroo Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint an experienced Business Support Officer who is self-motivated, shows initiative and is able to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
The successful applicant will be required to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player. With your keen attention to detail and a willingness to be flexible you will be required to assist the Manager Corporate Services in the administrative, financial, marketing, corporate sponsorship, physical and human resources aspects of the College’s operations. The successful applicant will also assist the Manager Corporate Services in the supervision, training and direction of support staff. You will be able to effectively prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure with high level accuracy and attention to detail. In collaboration with the Manager Corporate Services you will undertake proactive investigation and identification of funding support and provide effective administrative support in asset management and maintenance strategies for College equipment. As part of your everyday functions, you will be expected to support the Manager Corporate Services in the administration of the Corporate Services to the school and community.
Wanneroo SC is an Independent Public School and has a highly committed teaching body and provides a wide range of subjects and courses in the eight learning areas. A diverse range of curriculum and extra curriculum activities is provided, including an ongoing commitment to strongly support pastoral care to promote and monitor student welfare. The education program at Wanneroo SC is built around our vision of Star in your Future - 'Dream, Believe, Learn and Succeed'. A safe environment is fostered in which each student can develop and staff work closely with parents to support and encourage their child to become a responsible citizen. The school ethos supports and enhances the values of the home. The progress of every student is closely monitored and a diverse range of excellent programs and initiatives are in place to ensure students can acquire the skills necessary to maximise their talents and potential.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- considerable experience providing input and effective support to the development, management, implementation and monitoring of business operations, systems and plans.
- well-developed financial management skills, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and the ability to provide recommendations.
- sound human resource management knowledge and skills, including the ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to use relevant software applications.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Wanneroo Secondary College can be found by visiting wanneroosc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Gail Bennett, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9206 6555 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 19 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.