Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP606746
This is a permanent, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
As Deputy Principal, you will have excellent interpersonal skills that will be utilised to provide educational leadership in the school and wider community. We are seeking applicants who will be able to facilitate workforce effectiveness by inspiring and working collaboratively with staff to promote the school’s values and implement school priorities, programs and initiatives. In conjunction with the Principal, the successful applicant will be strategic, have effective change management skills, and the capacity to develop and lead whole school approaches to ensure staff are supported to provide students with exceptional educational experiences.
The successful applicant will assist with providing leadership to drive our whole school initiatives and programs, including Explicit Instruction and Positive Behaviour Support. Experience or expertise in Talk 4 Writing, Brightpath and whole school literacy programs would be highly desirable, as would experience in leading the interagency support of Students At Educational Risk (SAER). There will be a Teaching requirement of 2 days minimum for this position. One curriculum delivery requirement will be a Primary Science Duties Other Than Teaching (DOTT) provision day, while the other day can be negotiated depending on curriculum strengths and the needs of the school.
At Brookton DHS, we set high expectations for our students' education and well-being. The Kindergarten to Year 10 campus allows seamless transition between the phases of education from early childhood to secondary. We value an explicit teaching approach in every classroom that clearly demonstrates and reinforces the literacy and numeracy skills students need to be successful and confident in life.
Situated in the heart of the Avon Valley, we have been serving our community since 1903. Our appeal as a school rests in our strong sense of community, the values we celebrate and the commitment to realising the potential of all students in our care.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Brookton District High School can be found by visiting www.brooktondhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Darren Simpson, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Brookton, by telephoning (08) 9642 5000 or emailing Darren.Simpson@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements of Explicit Instruction, Positive behaviour Support and interagency support of SAER students, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.