Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS605217
Please be advised 4PM on 6 November 2019, the closing date of this advertisement was updated.
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020
Esperance Education Support Centre (ESC) is seeking a positive and enthusiastic Manager Corporate Services to join our professional team.
As the Manager Corporate Services, you will be required to work closely with the Principals to ensure the ongoing accuracy and integrity of the school’s financial, human and physical resources. You will administer and report on the financial integrity of the school’s business operations, and provide input into financial planning and budgeting as well as the administration and reporting of the diverse funding entities for which the school is responsible.
The successful applicant will be part of a team and work collaboratively with the school community to promote positive relationships between students, staff, parents and local community. You will also demonstrate a good understanding of financial and reporting processes and have excellent self-management and interpersonal skills.
Esperance ESC is a secondary school catering for the individual learning needs of students with intellectual disability and Autism Spectrum Disorder with higher educational need. Our vision is ‘young people, empowered to make choices, participating in and contributing to their community’ and this vision is reflected across our school curriculum. The school is co-located with Esperance Senior High School, affording many opportunities for inclusion in a mainstream educational environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well-developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Esperance ESC can be found by visiting www.esperanceshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Keenan Rodericks, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Esperance, by telephoning (08) 9071 9560 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 18 November 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.