Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA604603
This is a permanent, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020.
Are you seeking a rewarding challenge?
Butler College is seeking to appoint a dedicated and hardworking educator with outstanding leadership skills to join our team as Program Coordinator – English.
As Program Coordinator – English you will provide direction and purpose to the large English team and build capacity and cohesion amongst staff. You will undertake an active role in the ongoing development and implementation of a positive and caring learning environment across the college.
The successful applicant will possess exemplary teaching, learning, and behaviour management practices. As Program Coordinator – English you will have an outstanding knowledge of the Western Australian Curriculum and Senior Secondary English and Literature WACE Courses, along with the assessment and reporting procedures. You must have the skills to develop programs which are differentiated to cater for a diverse range of students and support the college’s philosophy of ensuring all students strive for personal excellence. You will lead and evaluate moderation activities to ensure consistent and comparable judgements are made in the English Department and ensure all members of the team meet college and School Curriculum and Standards Authority requirements.
As a leader and exceptional classroom practitioner you will have the ability to lead improvement and change initiatives and continually reflect on teaching and learning throughout the English Department. You must demonstrate the ability to use data analysis to inform your planning and assessment, and utilise data to drive change and improve students’ academic performance.
The successful applicant must have highly efficient communication skills. You will be able to collaborate very effectively with others to sustain a professional team culture whereby staff feel supported to share effective teaching and learning practices. Exceptional organisational skills are required by the applicant to manage the English Department’s resources.
As Program Coordinator – English you must demonstrate an ability to build capacity in staff using a variety of teacher development and coaching methods. The successful applicant will undertake reflective performance development discussions adhering to the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) standards and provide guidance to ensure consistent high level of curriculum delivery is occurring, whilst be able to reflect and assess the effectiveness of each team member’s teaching practice.
As a member of the College’s Leadership Team you will be required to make valuable contributions to the College’s Business Plan and participate in decision making. You will promote the college vision and strategic direction and implement policies and programs, working alongside school leaders, teachers and other members of the college community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Butler College can be found by visiting www.butlercollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Alysse Priddis, Program Coordinator – Curriculum, by telephoning (08) 9561 4200 or emailing Alysse.Priddis@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 20 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.