Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS605540
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Caladenia Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Manager Corporate Services to join their friendly team.
The Manager Corporate Services manages the school’s financial, physical and human resources and supervises all school support staff and administers and reports on the financial integrity of the school's business operations, and provides input into financial planning and budgeting as well as the administration and reporting of the diverse funding entities for which the school is responsible.
The successful applicant in collaboration with the Principal and the Executive Management Team provides operational input to the development of school Business and Marketing Plans and monitors the school’s financial performance against the plans. The Manager Corporate Services contributes to the school meeting corporate financial objectives and Regional and Corporate reporting requirements.
Caladenia PS currently has approximately 860 students catering for students from Kindergarten through to Year 6. The School is founded on the belief 'that a collaborative learning environment will prepare students to be competitive in the global work force of the 21st Century'.
At Caladenia PS we believe that values help shape the person. Students need relationships with the people around them, even the office staff. They need to know that they are valued and accepted. This is a strong underlying belief that the dignity and respect for our students is one of our prime aims. Our practices and processes will model and support this, forming a supportive environment for all students to thrive.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- High-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- High-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- High-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- Experience in effective leadership of a team.
- Ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans.
- Well-developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Caladenia Primary School can be found by visiting www.caladeniaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Edward Nastasi, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9456 1144 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 12 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.