Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP606827
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are looking for a rewarding challenge?
Cassia Primary School (PS) is seeking an innovative and experienced Deputy Principal with strong interpersonal skills to join their team. Cassia Primary School is located on Kariyarra Land, in South Hedland, within the environmental richness and opportunities that the Pilbara Region has to offer.
We are seeking a highly motivated Deputy Principal to join our expanding school and embrace the well-established positive school culture and solutions focused approach of the entire team. In collaboration with the Executive team the successful applicant will demonstrate instructional leadership, using highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
The applicant will also demonstrate a commitment to using data interrogation to support, refine and improve teacher development and student outcomes as part of an effective school. A deep and working knowledge of Whole School Improvement in Talk for Writing, Talk for Reading and specifically Responding to Intervention is highly desirable.
The Deputy Principal will also lead the Phase of Learning Leaders to enhance coaching, peer observation and feedback to improve student attendance and engagement. Skills and knowledge in reference to Classroom Management Strategies and Positive Behaviour Support will assist in this role. Skills in Timetabling and supporting the professional development of staff within the AITSL standards would be highly desirable.
Staff at Cassia PS form strong collegiate networks in which collaboration and support is fundamental. We are proud of our collaborative environment, with a strongly embedded school culture focused on support, enhancement and improving outcomes for students. Our environment is innovative and supports a significant number of graduate and early career teachers in developing their skill sets for life long career success. We focus on distributive leadership with an emphasis on talent identification providing support to embed skills and enhance career development. Opportunities for coaching and growth are significant for all staff at Cassia PS.
The school has strong links with the community and innovative partnerships with the Hedland Network of Principals, Hedland Attendance Strategy, BHP, Pilbara Development Commission, DSF, Regional Office and Polly Farmer Foundation.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- The capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- A high level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- The capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cassia Primary School can be found by visiting www.cassiaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Narelle Ward, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9172 8500 or emailing Narelle.Ward@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) to four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) to three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 13 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.