Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP605975
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are you ready to take on new challenges?
South Coogee Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Deputy Principal. We are seeking an individual who inspires passion for learning in others, who possesses the curriculum knowledge and skill to lead and support classroom teachers, teams, learning communities and phase groups in teaching, learning, assessment and reporting across the areas of the Western Australian Curriculum. A strong knowledge of Early Childhood philosophy and practice will be required.
In collaboration with the Principal, Deputy Principal and members of the leadership team you will provide educational leadership in the school and the community by promoting our vision and supporting staff in the achievement of the targets in the business plan.
The successful applicant will ideally have a proven history of successful change management in schools particularly in implementation of whole school initiatives. This will be linked to highly-developed interpersonal skills that take our staff and families on the journey to excellence. They must have excellent communication and organisational skills, as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
The Deputy Principal will have a sound knowledge of effective intervention strategies to improve outcomes for Students at Academic Risk (SAER). They will have a high level of evidence based curriculum knowledge including critical thinking and analysis of student performance data.
The successful applicant will provide curriculum support and development of best practice in teaching and classroom management to teachers. The Deputy Principal will have skills and knowledge to support performance and development processes, including classroom observation and feedback with a focus on explicit teaching.
South Coogee PS is proud to be an Independent Public School. It caters for around 450 children Kindergarten to Year 6 and is located approximately 13 km south of Fremantle. The school buildings are modern, grounds are attractive and classrooms are spacious and designed to promote collaborative teaching and learning practices. We have a strong focus on whole school Literacy, Numeracy and STEM programs. Our teachers seamlessly integrate ICT across the curriculum and have access to a wide range of innovative resources. Students in the Early Years use iPads and learning programs include a wide use of digital technologies.
South Coogee PS has a supportive, experienced, competent and collaborative staff. Special programs at our school include Visual Arts, Physical Education, Design Technology, Language(s) (Indonesian), Music, Choir, Drama, Band, Runners Club and Instrumental music for identified students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about South Coogee Primary School can be found by visiting www.southcoogeeps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Lynette Beard, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9494 8000 or emailing Lyn.Beard@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday 18 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.