Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP605896
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Do you have the potential to offer guidance and support to staff, build partnerships within the school community and make a positive difference in the lives of our students?
If so, we think that this position offers an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of our supportive, innovative and hardworking team.
Halls Creek District High School (DHS) is seeking a vibrant and team-oriented leader, who is highly motivated, well organised and aspirational to undertake the role of Deputy Principal – Early Childhood Education.
As the successful applicant, you will be able to lead whole school approaches to literacy and numeracy, and work with teachers to develop plans and support them in their curriculum knowledge. You will also be able to use evidence based practices to increase student engagement and manage behaviour, and collaborate with teachers and AIEOs to support the needs of students at educational risk, including those with poor attendance. Ideally, you will have experience in leading early childhood education initiatives and have an in-depth understanding of the Kimberley Schools Project, KindiLink or Kimberley specific programs.
Halls Creek DHS is a progressive, collaborative and exciting work environment where staff are passionate about improving standards in Aboriginal Education. The school is well placed in the community and recent successes in student achievements have contributed to increased sense of pride in the community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Halls Creek DHS can be found by visiting www.hallscreekdhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Eliot Money, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Halls Creek, by telephoning (08) 9171 5555 or emailing Eliot.Money@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to four (4) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 20 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED