Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS605411
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on a new challenge?
WA College of Agriculture - Narrogin is looking for a dedicated Assistant Farm Manager to join their team.
The successful applicant will assist the Farm Manager in farm enterprise operations and training coordination dependent on experience and skill set. You will be required to oversee the farm training program including planning, delivery, assessment and coordination of other farm staff training activities through rosters and monitoring of student progress. To be successful in this role it would be highly desirable to have experience in agricultural industries preferably related to mixed wheat belt farming systems. In addition, experience in training is highly desirable as is experience in working with young adults in a training environment. We are looking for someone who is a team player and who is flexible and experienced in working with a range of different people and ages. The Assistant Farm Manager shares an on-call role with the Farm Manager and is paid an on-call allowance, for further information regarding this allowance please contact the panel chair Stephen Watt (details below).
The successful applicant will be required to gain a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment within two years of commencement. The successful applicant will work in a unique agricultural educational farm which specialises in mixed farming with cropping, commercial and stud sheep, and cattle enterprises providing a quality education for students. The successful applicants must hold a C class licence; a HR licence would be desirable but not essential.
WA College of Agriculture is a specialist college delivering education and training to students in year 10, 11 and 12 in Agriculture and related trades. The college operates a commercial farm with a variety of enterprises to support the training program. The college has a long and proud history of preparing graduates for careers in the Agricultural sector. Narrogin is a major regional centre with a wide range of facilities and services.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge, experience and competency within an agricultural enterprise. (Relevant to the requirements of the College)
- Ability to provide effective supervision, plan and organise work schedules.
- Financial management skills, including the ability to assist in the preparation, monitoring and reviewing of budgets and provide reports.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and industry personnel.
- Ability to design, deliver and assess effective training programs in agriculture and related areas.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College of Agriculture - Narrogin can be found by visiting www.narroginag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Stephen Watt, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Narrogin, by telephoning (08) 9881 9700 or emailing Stephen.Watt@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
You are required to attach a personal resume and covering letter outlining your skills and experiences in relation to the position. It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Hold an appropriate post-secondary qualification in management, agriculture or other relevant area;
- Hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent, or commit to complete the Certificate within 12 months of commencement;
- Hold a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Share an on-call role (50-50) with the Farm Manager.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.