Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE604886
This is a permanent part-time position (0.5 FTE) commencing as soon as possible
The Curriculum, Assessment and Strategic Policy Directorate is seeking a dedicated individual for the role of Desktop Publisher within the Publications and Communication team.
The successful applicant will contribute excellent desktop publishing skills, using Adobe InDesign, Word and other software, to the development of materials for print and online publication. Your strong communication and negotiation skills will be an asset to the team’s collaborations across the directorates that comprise the School Curriculum and Standards division. Attention to detail with a creative approach to the design and development of materials will be an asset.
The Desktop Publisher will undertake desktop publishing of print materials and use advanced desktop publishing software, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, in particular InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and other software to produce high quality master copies from draft copies. The successful applicant will communicate and negotiate with a team of writers and editors to refine draft materials and resolve issues associated with producing a broad range of materials and provide technical desktop publishing support to writers and editors.
The Desktop Publisher will continuously monitor work for instructions and feedback throughout the desktop publishing process, making modifications where necessary to improve output, decrease turn-around times and streamline work processes and operations.
The Curriculum, Assessment and Strategic Policy Directorate provides administrative and secretariat services for, and implements the decisions of, the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (the Authority). The Authority provides quality curriculum, assessment and standards to enable all Western Australian students to become confident, creative learners and active, informed citizens who contribute positively to society
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in advanced desktop publishing skills in Adobe Creative Cloud, in particular InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and a range of associated software.
- Well-developed skills in formatting for print and online publication.
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to negotiate effectively with relevant internal key stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience in working independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to organise and prioritise the management of workloads.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jo Merrey, Principal Consultant, by telephoning (08) 9273 6348 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 19 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED