Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA606439
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
This position is only available to staff currently employed by the Department of Education WA College of Agriculture - Narrogin
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible twelve (12) months extension
WA College of Agriculture – Narrogin is seeking a Head of Department – Agriculture to join their leadership team.
The successful applicants will provide leadership in the Class section of the college in the areas of curriculum, student support and behaviour management. You will oversee and report on Class programs and student achievement and will facilitate collaboration between class staff and other areas of the college to enhance student outcomes. The successful applicant will be skilled in fostering effective working relationships within and between staff groups. We are seeking someone who is flexible, with creative problem solving and highly developed communication skills. Skills and experience in upper secondary curriculum relevant to the college's delivery areas are highly desirable.
The WA College of Agriculture - Narrogin delivers education and training to students in years 10, 11 and 12 who elect to attend the school due to an interest in agriculture and related trades. The majority board on site as they come from all parts of the state. The college is situated on a commercial farm with an attractive and pleasant work and learning environment. With a proud history going back over 110 years, the college has a strong reputation of producing motivated and skilled graduates suited to a range of rural based careers. Narrogin is only 190 kilometres from Perth and is a major centre in the Wheatbelt with a range of recreational, health and education services.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College Of Agriculture - Narrogin can be found by visiting www.narroginag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Stephen Watt, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9881 9700 or emailing Stephen.Watt@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to thee (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.