Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP603965
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Kalamunda Primary Education Support Centre (ESC) is seeking an effective leader to join our highly motivated and established team and work with us to “grow literate, numerate, functional, independent and employable adults”.
The Deputy Principal will help drive school improvement and implement departmental initiatives. The successful applicant will have experience in primary special education encompassing Individual Education Planning, Individual Behaviour Management Planning and supporting the implementation of Treatment and Education of Autistic and Communication related handicapped Children (TEACCH) structures across the entire school context. Additionally, the Deputy Principal will be an integral leader within the combined Kalamunda Primary and Kalamunda Primary ESC Administrative team.
Our teaching pedagogy is student-centred and focussed around developing individualised and inclusive learning programs underpinned by collaborative engagement with our students, their families and other specialists. A key aspect of this role will be to lead and support the implementation of the Centre’s focus areas of: TEACCH, Explicit Teaching, Behaviour Education and Communication for All. The Deputy Principal will work closely with the school based speech pathologist to ensure that all students have access to a means of communicating their needs, wants, feelings and protests.
Kalamunda Primary ESC is a dynamic, innovative and inclusive community that nurtures and inspires its students to attain high levels of achievement and socially appropriate behaviour. We educate early childhood and primary aged students with moderate, severe and profound disabilities and believe that working with families and their support teams increases the students chance of success, therefore it is desirable that the successful applicant have experience in working with teams of National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) therapists.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kalamunda Primary Education Support Centre can be found by visiting or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Jarna Wright, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9257 4750 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED