Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP600887
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020.
Banksia Park Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Deputy Principal to join their school.
The Deputy Principal component of the role involves school leadership and management, curriculum leadership and whole school planning. It is highly desirable that the Deputy would have highly developed skills and experience across all areas of school management and leadership.
This role also includes a Specialist Physical Education component, which includes teaching all classes in the school from Pre-Primary – Year 6, organising sporting teams and events both intra school and interschool, liaising with other schools for sporting events, organisation of swimming lessons and a wide range of other carnivals. This includes working with parents to gain additional involvement and support for coaching as well as undertaking other various duties as they arise.
The Specialist Physical Education component will also require you to provide students with exposure and opportunity to be involved and experience a range of different sporting activities and involvement as part of a team.
Banksia PS is situated in the picturesque suburb of Leeming. Students are housed in attractive classrooms with extensive bushland surrounds. School facilities are of a high standard including a library with computer laboratory, art room, music room, canteen, tennis courts, cricket nets, grassed oval and an enclosed covered assembly area with a Performing Arts Centre.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Banksia Park Primary School can be found by visiting www.banksiapark.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Martin Humphreys, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9266 6400 or emailing Martin.Humphreys@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 25 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.