Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS601638
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019
Come and join our wonderful school!
Ongerup Primary School (PS) is seeking a caring and nurturing Education Assistant - Mainstream to join our friendly team working three (3) days per week in Kindergarten to Year 2.
The successful applicant will, under teacher direction, assist in the delivery of planned education programs, and the implementation of individual or small group programs or demonstrations. You will assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources, for use in classes, displays and demonstrations, and assist the teacher with the clean and safe storage of classroom items. Successful applicants will assist the teacher with the care and supervision of students including out-of-class activities, during yard duty and on school excursions.
We are seeking an adaptable, solutions-focussed team player with knowledge and preferably experience in synthetic phonics programmes and Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) skills and strategies.
Ongerup PS is situated in the town of Ongerup, approximately 150 kilometres north of Albany. The town and district is active on many levels and supports small businesses and a range of community and general-interest clubs. Farming, predominately sheep and grain, is the main industry of the Ongerup area.
The school is very community focused with a culture of strong parental and local community involvement that is embedded throughout the school's program. The school takes advantage of the educational resources offered through Yongergnow, the Australian Malleefowl Centre which opened in 2007 after many years of community support and devotion to this cause.
We are a well-resourced PBS school with small classes and a great pastoral care and Chaplaincy Programme. We also have collaborative working relationships with our Parents and Citizens (P&C) committee and School Council.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ongerup Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Mark Bruce, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Ongerup, by telephoning (08) 9828 2033 or emailing Mark.Bruce@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two - three (2-3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 28 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.