Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE598541
This is a twenty-two (22) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension and/or permanency
Statewide Services is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Manager - Strategy and Projects in the Student Support Services branch.
The Manager - Strategy and Projects will lead and manage system wide change management projects, including information management projects whilst providing high quality expert advice to the Director General, Corporate Executive and other officers of the Department in relation to the strategic directions of the Department and emerging national and international initiatives. The successful applicant will influence the strategic directions of the Department through research and analyses of student, school and system level data, including financial and workforce, and provide options for action.
The successful applicant will coordinate and support a consistent and rigorous approach to project management and risk assessment across the Directorate whilst Consulting with internal and external stakeholders to establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with state and national government agencies and other organisations. You will monitor developments and reforms in other states and territories as well as the key initiatives of the Commonwealth Government and provide strategic and expert technical advice.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
Role Specific Selection Criteria
- High-level skills and substantial knowledge and experience in system level project management, including Information and Technology projects, with the ability to assess risks, identify opportunities and meet budgets and timelines using appropriate management of human and financial resources.
Generic Selection Criteria:
- Implements and manages strategy
- Achieves results
- Builds productive relationships
- Exemplifies personal integrity and self-awareness
- Communicates and influences effectively
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Catherine Shepherd, Director, Student Support Services, by telephoning (08) 9402 6384 or emailing Catherine. Shepherd@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 23 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED