Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SA600513
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Are you an inspirational and experienced educational leader committed to building a culture of excellence in teaching and learning?
Narrogin Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated, experienced and driven individual to join their team as Head of Learning Area (HOLA) for Mathematics.
As the successful applicant this presents an exciting and rewarding opportunity to provide collaborative leadership as a key member of the school leadership team.
The HOLA will be an exceptional classroom teacher with a strong passion for Mathematics and the capacity to build a culture of excellence in teaching that supports the needs and abilities of all students. You will have the knowledge and experience to lead curriculum development and quality teaching across the Learning Area and the school as part of the school leadership team.
Narrogin SHS has an improvement agenda focused on improving student outcomes through consistent approaches to pedagogy and positive behaviour strategies. This is supported by a comprehensive professional learning program to provide quality educational experiences through promoting the school's vision and strategic directions. The school reflects the values of the local community, promoting the values of respect, responsibility and tolerance.
The school is currently a year 7 to 12 campus and has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and a committed and competent workforce. The school is recognised for its flexible approach to education and training. Surrounded by a diverse rural landscape, Narrogin, about two hours from Perth, has an excellent range of commercial services, beautiful gardens and a reputation as a great place to live.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Narrogin Senior High School can be found by visiting www.nshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sandii Stankovic, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9881 9300 or emailing Sandii.Stankovic@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 4 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED