Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS599803
Woodvale Secondary College (SC) is seeking to establish a pool of Senior Gardener – Handyperson for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2020.
In this role you will be responsible for the maintenance of our school grounds and will perform minor repairs and maintenance in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines. Suitable applicants will be responsible for ensuring that tools and all horticultural equipment are maintained in a serviceable condition, formal and informal sports areas are marked, as required, and maintained. In addition to the above, as the Senior Gardener-Handyperson you will be required to maintain accurate gardening records and to provide advice and support to the Manager Corporate Services on school grounds and buildings maintenance. We are seeking someone with good interpersonal and communication skills who can work as part of a team as well as independently.
Woodvale SC requires a reliable Handyperson to undertake upkeep and minor repairs to the interior and exterior of buildings and keep the College facilities in perfect condition by performing various tasks such as: clean facilities by sweeping/dusting, perform maintenance and light repairs, perform routine landscaping on the grounds, undertake light installation or carpentry, repair equipment, assist tradespeople who attend the site to carry out works, make good or organise emergency tasks and identify and report the need for major repairs.
The successful applicant will have proven experience as a handyperson, attention to detail, experience with hardware, hand tools and electrical equipment. Practical experience with a strong understanding of electrical, plumbing, reticulation and HVAC systems would be an advantage.
Woodvale SC's goal is to pursue excellence based on reflective use of student data, strong community links and whole College focus on teaching and learning. Our College vision and values are reflected in our commitment to working together with our College community to provide an innovative and caring learning environment where each student is given the opportunity to develop academic rigour and to achieve personal excellence.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Woodvale Secondary College please visit www.woodvale.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Amy Stevenson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9309 0808 or emailing Amy.Stevenson@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3.00pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Amy Stevenson, Manager Corporate Services on (08) 9309 0808 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3.00pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.00pm (WST) on Monday, 21 October 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED