Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS601168
This is a three (3) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension (12 month) and/or permanency
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Port Kennedy Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Manager Corporate Services to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will be required to support the administration and management of the school, to create and maintain a well-resourced learning environment, which will ensure students have access to a quality education. Experience with school systems, financial literacy and the ability to solve problems is required.
As a Manager Corporate Services, you will lead and support staff, work with the school leader and teaching staff to achieve progress towards school business plan goals. There will be a need to interact positively with students and families in an inclusive and caring way. You will require the ability to work with and provide assistance with managing ICT.
Port Kennedy PS opened in 1996 and caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. In 2017 we proudly became an Independent Public School and provide an exceptional service to our families and local community. We have a strong affiliation with the Royal Australian Navy, in particular the HMAS Stirling and offer a Defence Force Transition Aide for children with parents who are in the forces.
We have a passionate and experienced staff, with some being foundation staff members. Our staff are dedicated to providing a broad and inspiring curriculum that challenges and meets the learning needs of our students, with an emphasis on Literacy and Numeracy. We have a variety of specialty staff which enables the school to offer specialist programs that include music, physical education and science.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Port Kennedy PS can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Phillip Springett, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9593 5055 or emailing Phillip.Springett@education.wa.edu.au or during school holidays phone 0408921844.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) - five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 21 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.