Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS600099
Geographe Bay Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants - Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be a highly valued colleague at our school. Suitable applicants will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of planned education programs that will help in the development of young minds and support the general health and wellbeing of students. Suitable applicants will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations and will assist the teacher with the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities
Suitable applicants will ideally have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as possess good written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group based programs.
Our school has a very welcoming and supportive staff who work together to improve the learning outcomes of all students. A strong professional learning and coaching program support new staff to grow their skills and many opportunities to attend professional learning are provided.
Geographe PS is situated in Busselton, opened in 2002 and has an enrolment of 500 students. The school is co-located with the Geographe Education Support Centre.
Geographe PS seeks to equip school community members with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to experience success now and in the future. Our shared values give rise to our identity; they are inherent in creating positive relationships, enabling us to work as a team in a safe, friendly, flexible learning environment. The school-wide pedagogy is the heartbeat of the school, providing all with a consistency of teaching, learning and assessment.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and Teaching professional.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Geographe Primary School can be found by visiting www.geographeps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Annette Murdoch, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Busselton, by telephoning (08) 9754 0100 or 0407 192 064 emailing Annette.Murdoch@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager);
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or equivalent), in order to meet the educator-to student ration outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 21 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.