Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS599975
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019
Warwick Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a Marketing and Media Officer to join their friendly team.
The Marketing and Media Officer is responsible for coordinating promotional events and managing public relations, marketing and communications for the school. The Marketing and Media Officer will also keep the school website current, and research current trends and manage web design.
The successful applicant should ideally have excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work in both a team environment, particularly within the Executive team, and autonomously. It is highly desirable for the successful applicant to be well organised and able to work under pressure with high accuracy, combined with the ability to use their initiative and prioritise tasks to meet conflicting deadlines.
Warwick SHS is a modern and progressive Independent Public School in the northern suburbs of Perth. We are a welcoming and inclusive learning environment. The school is in close proximity to main roads, public transport, shopping centres and community amenities.
Warwick SHS caters for students in Year 7 to 12 who access a comprehensive curriculum that caters for their needs and aspirations. Students in Years 7 to 10 study the Western Australian Curriculum, which is adapted from the Australian Curriculum. Our focus is primarily the growth of the whole child, ensuring that the social and emotional development of the student is enriched alongside their academic learning.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in assisting with coordination of events and marketing activities and associated financial management and budgeting requirements.
- Initiative and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and research skills, including the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
- Well-developed computer application skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Warwick Senior High School can be found by visiting www.warwickshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Lynn Jensen, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 6240 4400 or emailing Lynn.Jensen@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period please contact Lynn Jensen on moblie 0411 073 511.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to four (3 – 4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 16 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.