Advertised Vacancy Number: PR598463
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Babakin Primary School is looking for a motivated individual to lead their school.
The successful applicant will provide opportunities to students that meet their needs. You will encourage staff to work together to support all students. Students learn in a multi-age learning environment with a strong focus on explicit teaching and collaborative learning. This encourages students to make their learning as powerful as possible.
You will help staff prepare students to take their place in the world. We run a program for children aged 0-4 years, KidzKonnecting. This welcomes young children in the local area to develop early learning and social skills, with their parent or caregiver.
At Babakin Primary School, we make a difference in how our students feel, learn and develop. This is so that every student achieves their full potential and builds confidence. Our school is small, but our ambition for our students is significant.
The Principal supports the Department’s objectives for the public education and training of students in Western Australia. The role of the Principal is to lead and manage the planning, delivery, evaluation and improvement of the education of all students in a community through the deployment of resources provided by the Department of Education and the school community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the three leadership requirements and five professional practices particular to the role of a principal identified by the Australian Professional Standard for Principals:
- Effective leadership in teaching and learning
- Developing self and others
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
- Leading the management of the school
- Engaging and working with the community
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements identified in the Job Description Form (JDF) for the position. The business needs and context of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached JDF.
For additional information about Babakin Primary School please visit Schools Online
For Further Job Related Information
Please contact Neil Darby, A/Regional Executive Director, by phoning (08) 9622 0200 or emailing email@example.com
(Please do not email applications to this email address)
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 8317.
Further information on how to apply is available via the attachments below.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
All appointees to Principal positions longer than 6 months in duration who have not completed 6 months or more in a WA public school principal role prior to January 2015 will be required to satisfactorily complete all Principal Eligibility Modules. The Principal Eligibility Modules which are completed online must be completed within 6 months of commencement in a principal role.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 30 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED