Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE594294
The Teacher Development branch of Statewide Services is seeking to establish a pool of Education Officers – Teacher Development for appointments to fixed term full-time vacancies which may arise during 2019 and 2020. Placements can be made from the pool at any time for commencements up to the end of December 2020.
Education Officers work as coach and facilitator in the Graduate Teacher Induction Program to support graduate teachers across the state to grow and develop professionally. Coaches provide feedback to graduate teachers on observed classroom practices and providing one on one support in the areas of planning, pedagogy, assessment and the challenges faced by newly appointed teachers. The Education Officer position also facilitates delivery of professional learning for teachers, including modules of the Graduate Teacher Professional Learning Program.
Suitable applicant will have an understanding of coaching approaches, able to facilitate professional learning and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels. This position requires the successful applicant to be able to travel across the state, up to several days at a time. Recent school experience is also essential.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Current school experience with effective and innovative teaching and learning methods, and capacity to meet the learning needs of a diverse range of students.
- High-level interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to deliver effective customer services across a range of internal and external sites and with a variety of stakeholders.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and research skills with the ability to identify and analyse modern trends and generate appropriate strategies to address them.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare quality-written documentation and presentations for workshops and courses.
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and effectively manage conflicting priorities.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
For further job related information:
Please contact Peter Scaife, Manager, Teacher Development by telephoning (08) 9402 6130 or emailing Peter.Scaife@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A four (4) page CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 18 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED