Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS585658
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019
Ngaanyatjarra Lands School is seeking a forward focused and organised Business Support Officer to join our team at the Kalgoorlie office.
The role of the Business Support Officer assists the Business Manager in the day to day financial, marketing, corporate sponsorship, physical and human resources aspects of the school's operations. You will be required to provide effective administrative support in the management and coordination of business and other information management systems and processes to achieve agreed outcomes of the school.
As the Business Support Officer you will be a point of contact for various HR recruitment processes and oversee the HR area of our school in both teaching and school support positions. You will be required to understand all the financial aspects of the school and support other positions while staff are on leave.
Most of the over 300 students are Aboriginal, living in communities that make up Western Desert cultural bloc, and have Ngaanyatjarra, Pintupi or Pitjantjatjara as their first language. The school includes the following campuses:
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- considerable experience providing input and effective support to the development, management, implementation and monitoring of business operations, systems and plans.
- well-developed financial management skills, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and the ability to provide recommendations.
- sound human resource management knowledge and skills, including the ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to use relevant software applications.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ngaanyatjarra Lands School can be found by visiting www.nglandschool.wa.edu.au/school or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Jenny Matthey , Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning 0477 365 920 or emailing Jenny.Matthey@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 21 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.