Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE593262
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing October 2019, with the possibility of extension
The Business and Customer Services (BCS) Directorate is looking to recruit a highly motivated, passionate and committed Business Improvement Coordinator in the Business Capability branch.
The focus of the Business Capability branch is to assist with systemic improvement initiatives and projects, that support the business and corporate services work undertaken in WA public schools and the Department of Education.
In the role of Business Improvement Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing support and advice to the Directorate and business areas across the Department as they engage in business process mapping, management and improvement. You will be responsible for system administration and training of the adopted business process mapping systems and liaison with business areas to embed agreed mapping processes and standards.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable experience and knowledge of business process analysis, research and the application of process improvement principles within an information systems context.
- Skills and experience in providing application system support at an operational level.
- Well-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to consult, negotiate and maintain collaborative partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Skills and experience in providing a high-level customer-focused service.
- Well-developed project planning and management skills, including proven ability to use initiative, prioritise work, meet agreed targets and deliver agreed results in a timely and efficient manner.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Mr Richard Farr, Senior Business Improvement Coordinator, by telephoning (08) 9264 4611 or emailing Richard.Farr@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A submission addressing all of the job related requirements as per the attached JDF with no more than three (3) pages, outlining your knowledge, skills and experience in meeting the job related requirements and within the context of the position.
- A full comprehensive detailed CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details of two (2) referees who can comment on your ability to perform the work requirements of the position. One being your current and/or recent line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 15 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED