Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS576685
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Western Australian College of Agriculture – Morawa (the College) is seeking to establish a pool of Kitchen Hand Domestic for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2020.
The suitable applicants will undertake general cleaning, catering or laundry duties across the College and Residential Boarding facilities, ensuring that a high standard of health, safety and hygiene is maintained. Duties will be concentrated in the kitchen area however; the successful applicant may be required to assist across all areas as needs arise. Promptly report equipment and facilities faults whilst undertaking other related duties, as requested.
The College is a highly regarded Independent Public School, which enrols students from across Western Australia to study specialist agriculture courses and trade certificates, while living in a modern co-education, residential boarding facility. Students gain entry to the College through the successful completion of a ‘one week trial’, followed by an interview of the student and parent/caregiver with the Principal.
The College is adjacent to the town site of Morawa which is situated 360km north of Perth. The property is 3,242ha and primarily a broad acre grain growing farm, but also accommodates Gelbvieh Cattle Stud, Merino and Crossbred Sheep flocks and Commercial Piggery enterprises. Morawa is a Midwest "Super Town" located only an hour from the coastal town of Dongara and an hour and a half from the Regional City of Geraldton.
The College delivers a quality agricultural education to students in Years 10, 11 and 12 through a combination of WACE Subjects and VET qualifications which enables students to follow an ATAR pathway to University or further study, or a General pathway to an apprenticeship, TAFE or employment. The College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and delivers National Training Package qualifications in Agriculture, Automotive and Engineering.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment to a busy schedule.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Ability to use all cleaning equipment supplied to colleges, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to carry out laundry or cleaning or catering duties, including the safe operation of cleaning or laundry or kitchen equipment and appliances.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Western Australia College of Agriculture - Morawa can be found by visiting www.morawaag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Bronwyn Thornton, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Morawa by telephoning (08) 9971 1158 or emailing Bronwyn.Thornton@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holidays you can contact Bronwyn Thornton on 0472 823 624.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 25 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.