Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS600208
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019
Are you a dedicated, motivated, healthy and enthusiastic person with experience and a strong focus in cleaning standards and practices?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated person to join our foundation team at Alkimos College. This position provides a unique opportunity and will be responsible for ensuring the college facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department of Education procedures and the cleaning of the facilities of the college are kept to a high standard, always ensuring that it is presented in a clean, healthy and tidy state.
The role of the Cleaner-in-Charge will require you to:
- organise and supervise the cleaning staff
- open and lock the school, including setting the security alarm system, if applicable
- maintain the cleaners’ time-book, report absences and arrange relief staff
- liaise with Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters
- provide on the job induction training for new cleaning staff
- conduct monthly cleaning inspections with the Manager Corporate Services
- ensure all leave and allowance forms are completed correctly before forwarding to the Manager Corporate Services
- record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the Communication Book
- maintain the school environment in accordance with Departmental procedures
- undertake cleaning of allocated internal and external areas, including emptying external rubbish containers into the waste disposal system provided at the school
- monitor and manage staff leave entitlements to ensure accrued leave is cleared within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with relevant awards, agreements and Departmental policy
- manage staff performance in accordance with the Public Sector Performance Management Standard and Departmental policy
The successful applicant will ideally be highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic. Our work environment is ideal for applicants who have an outgoing personality and are able to think outside the box. If you believe this environment would suit you, please apply. As the cleaner in charge you will be required to provide timely, ‘hands-on' support for the college as needed.
The successful applicant will also need to ensure effective communication and good working relationships are established with school administration, and advice and support to the Manager Corporate Services is current, relevant and consistent with the Department’s policies and procedures on school cleaning. Mandatory training workshops attendance is required to commence (in your first three months of employment). An interest in the use of environmentally safe products is desirable, but not essential. Experience in the use of a computer is also required.
Alkimos College will open for the start of the 2020 school year as a local intake secondary school. Initially the school will accommodate up to 250 Year 7 students in 2020 and grow to accommodate a total of 2000+ Year 7 to 12 students by 2025.
A strong vision and ethos will be focused on creating and maintaining a school culture of a ‘high performance and high care environment’ for students, staff and the community. With a clear focus on high expectations of the student cohort, the purpose is to ensure that all students are well prepared for their future and have opportunities to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to achieve their individual potential. This will be complemented by a strong focus on student engagement and mental health and well-being.
Alkimos College is one of only sixteen schools chosen to have a Specialised Autism Learning Program, with the program already in place at Alkimos Primary School, providing students with a seamless K-12 program, if required. There will also be an academic extension pathway and a whole school approach to Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths (STEM) to provide ‘hands-on’ and ‘minds-on’ lessons for students.
A coaching paradigm will underpin all aspects of self-assessment, planning and review, performance development, classroom observation and feedback and be used with students as part of the well-being program.
A partnership founded on strong relationships between students, staff, parents and the community will be the enduring platform upon which the school is built.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- good interpersonal and communication skills.
- ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- experience in school or commercial cleaning
- experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Alkimos College please visit Schools Online or via Facebook.
For further job related information:
Please contact Linda Wilkinson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 9561 4322 or emailing Linda.Wilkinson@education.wa.edu.au
During the school vacation period please contact Linda Wilkinson via email or 0436 937 445.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 1 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.