Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS600534
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019
Commencing in November 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
The School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE) is seeking a proactive, highly experienced and efficient Registered Training Officer (RTO) Manager to join our administrative team.
This position is primarily responsible to the Principal for leading and managing the governance, registration and operations of the SIDE RTO and ensuring that all legislative, Vocational and Educational Training (VET) standards and compliance requirements are met and exceeded. Other responsibilities will include relationship building, financial and human resource management. The position requires someone with recent experience in RTO operations, preferably as a RTO Manager, and with an in-depth knowledge of training and education requirements relating to schools and their students.
As the SIDE RTO Manager, you will have excellent communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills to engage in high level liaison with industry, schools and other stakeholders. Your collaborative approach will ensure that you and RTO staff develop strong connections with local communities and that the training products and qualification outcomes meet the needs of students and industry. In addition, the successful applicant will lead and manage the RTO team with respect to compliance, marketing, curriculum development, and course delivery.
The School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE) is the Kindergarten to Year 12 centre of distance and online learning within the Department of Education. SIDE is a cutting edge e-school providing students with broad and rich learning experiences that focuses on academic excellence, via the use of interactive technology. The SIDE provides quality education for students who for various reasons cannot attend classes in a regular school. In addition, the newly established SIDE RTO provides contemporary, fit for purpose VET services that will be available to all WA public schools and students. This provision of service has significant benefits for students and schools, particularly in regional and remote areas.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership including high level analytical and conceptual skills.
- Project management and contract administration skills including the ability to develop innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
- High level interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Capacity in strategic and operational business planning, financial management, quality assurance, risk management, compliance and policy development.
- Professional knowledge of the current standards for RTOs and experience working with VET regulators.
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about can be found by visiting www.side.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Nicole Gazey, Principal Consultant by telephoning 0436 819 364 or emailing Nicole.Gazey@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- possess a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent or higher qualification) in an area relevant to this position;
- possess a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and units compliant with the current standards for RTOs;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- hold a current “C” class driver’s licence.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 18 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.