Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS600548
This is a permanent full-time position commencing November 2019
The School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE) is seeking an enthusiastic, positive and customer focused School Relationships Officer to join our RTO (Registered Training Organisation) administrative team.
In this role you will be responsible to the SIDE RTO Manager for the liaison with clients and industry. The position provides leadership, guidance and support for the SIDE RTO’s development, implementation and evaluation of relationship management and community engagement strategies. The School Relationships Officer will have a strong background in successful marketing/public relations and an understanding of the compliance requirements of RTO’s.
As the School Relationships Officer, you will be required to market to, and develop relationships with, a wide range of different stakeholders including schools, clients, the media, industry and others. There is also a requirement for event management, to provide assistance to schools implementing courses and giving advice with respect to administration, compliance, resources and training. In addition, the successful applicant will have responsibilities for undertaking a mediation role when issues or problems arise; developing networks within the sector and industry to seek ideas and feedback; and meeting with industry representatives to undertake training needs analyses.
The School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE) is the K to 12 centre of distance and online learning within the Department of Education. SIDE is a cutting edge e-school providing students with broad and rich learning experiences that focuses on academic excellence, via the use of interactive technology. The SIDE provides quality education for students who for various reasons cannot attend classes in a regular school. In addition, the newly established SIDE (RTO) provides contemporary, fit for purpose vocational education and training (VET) services that will be available to all WA public schools and students. This provision of service has significant benefits for students and schools, particularly in regional and remote areas.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Marketing, public relations, media management and corporate communications experience in a service organisation and/or an RTO.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, liaison, networking and mediation skills in order to develop and maintain effective relationships and resolve differences with internal and external stakeholders.
- Skills in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of innovative marketing and corporate communications plans and associated strategies.
- Proficiency in the use of a range of information and communication technologies including knowledge and experience with graphic design, print management, web publishing and database management.
- Well-developed project management and organisational skills with the ability to liaise with various stakeholders and prioritise workloads, work effectively within a team environment and deliver outcomes to deadlines.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about School of Isolated and Distance Education can be found by visiting www.side.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Nicole Gazey, Principal Consultant, by telephoning 0436 819 364 or emailing Nicole.Gazey@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include: [red highlighted areas are optional]
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and units compliant with the current standards for RTOs;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- hold a current “C” class driver’s licence.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 18 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.