Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS597678
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019 across two school sites: Illawarra Primary School and Ballajura Primary School
Do you want to become part of a dedicated team and have the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to a local school community?
Illawarra Primary School (IPS) and Ballajura Primary School (BPS) are seeking a highly motivated, proactive and customer focused Network Support Officer to work across both schools which are located within a kilometre of each other. Each school will have a dedicated day each week.
The role of the Network Support Officer is outlined in the attached Job Description. Using a proactive and problem-solving approach, the Network Support Officer will also provide input on system enhancements, support implementation of IT plans and implement new systems through research and identification of appropriate IT resources. Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and Department policies and guidelines whilst applying Department/school ICT standard operating environment throughout the schools, together with ensuring security of school systems and data.
The successful applicant will work with the administration team to provide technical support and training to users throughout the school and will assist in the development of ICT processes and procedures. Experience in running a large 1:1 iPad and/or Chrome Books program and experience in (DoE) ICT including Dashboard, SSS and SIG is highly desirable.
Illawarra Primary School and Ballajura Primary School are passionate about education – the secret of success is to expect success! The highly innovative education approaches, adopted by both schools, demonstrate that every student can be a high achiever and every student matters every day. The Network Support Officer will be working as part of a team and at times supporting classroom teachers, so sound interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships across both sites, with external providers and DoE ICT is essential.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge of network systems and platforms relevant to the operating environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills relevant to the operational maintenance of information technology networks.
- Organisational skills, including the ability to plan and implement data security procedures.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Practical experience in developing and implementing user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Illawarra PS can be found by visiting www.illawarraps.wa.edu.au and Ballajura PS www.ballajuraps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Brian Davies, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9249 1296, or alternatively during the school holidays on his mobile: 0403 645 681 or emailing Brian.Davies@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 18th October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.