This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019
Commencing in November 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
The School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE) is seeking a highly motivated, reliable and proactive Compliance Officer to join our Registered Training Organisations (RTO) administrative team.
In this role you will be responsible to the SIDE RTO Manager for ensuring that the RTO complies with all regulatory and compliance frameworks related to RTOs. The Compliance Officer will have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector and experience in the application of the Standards for RTOs 2015, and considerable experience in RTO compliance and audit conducted by VET regulators.
As the Compliance Officer, you will have excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills to facilitate constructive interactions with a wide range of stakeholders on RTO compliance matters. The Compliance Officer must be highly organized and demonstrate meticulous attention to detail in the development, implementation and monitoring of comprehensive processes and procedures to ensure RTO compliance. The successful applicant will have responsibility for a range of activities including, but not limited to, risk management, governance and compliance, internal and external audits as well as the maintenance of policies and procedures and reviewing training material.
SIDE is the Kindergarten to Year 12 centre of distance and online learning within the Department of Education. SIDE is a cutting edge e-school providing students with broad and rich learning experiences that focuses on academic excellence, via the use of interactive technology. The SIDE provides quality education for students who for various reasons cannot attend classes in a regular school. In addition, the newly established SIDE RTO provides contemporary, fit for purpose VET services that will be available to all WA public schools and students. This provision of service has significant benefits for students and schools, particularly in regional and remote areas.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge and experience working in a compliance or quality assurance role in an RTO.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the current standards for RTOs and experience in operating within the constructs of VET regulators.
- Considerable experience in competency based training and assessment in a wide range of education and training settings.
- Proven ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams to achieve outcomes consistent with customer needs and the defined quality and compliance expectations of an RTO.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including high level analytical, research and conceptual skills and the ability to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about School of Isolated Distance Education can be found by visiting www.side.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Nicole Gazey, Principal Consultant, by telephoning 0436 819 364 or emailing Nicole.Gazey@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligiblity and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and units compliant with the current standards for RTOs.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- hold a current “C” class driver’s licence.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 18 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.