Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE599834
This is a ten (10) month fixed term, full-time position commencing November 2019 with possible extension (12 months)
The Pilbara Education Region Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Coordinator Regional Services for the Pilbara Education Regional Office.
As the Coordinator Regional Services, you will be responsible for analysing issues and needs relating to regional support services to schools and networks, and leading the coordination of these services provided to schools, including attendance, behaviour, curriculum and participation.
This position works in partnership with the Pilbara Education Regional Office Managers and other departmental support providers, and is responsible for ensuring schools have efficient and effective access to support services region-wide. This includes engaging with schools and their networks to identify and analyse issues; developing and recommending solutions; and brokering support services in response to school needs.
The Pilbara Education Regional Office is based in Karratha and provides support to 29 schools across a wide range of settings and communities throughout the Pilbara. The position will provide support to three networks of schools; Hedland, Karratha and Karijini.
Recent administration experience in a West Australian public school is desirable, especially in the context of school performance and review, data analysis and implementing effective interventions. Experience and/or ability to support schools in dealing with problem solving in relation to issues including complaints, will be an added advantage.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership, support and advice in the coordination of school and student support programs.
- Conceptual and analytical skills, with a proven ability to provide innovative thinking in developing solutions to address support services that meet the needs of students and schools
- Skills in implementing organisational change within the work environment.
- High-order written and oral communication skills.
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills that relate to working in a collaborative team environment and working cooperatively in building partnerships with internal officers and external agencies.
- High-level understanding of current state and national education issues, trends, policies and systems.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Matthew Power, Coordinator Regional Operations, by telephoning (08) 9185 0111 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 15 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED