Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS597785
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019
Do you want to make a positive difference?
East Kenwick Primary School (PS) is seeking an experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic Education Assistant - Special Needs – Lead.
As a Special Needs Education Assistant – Lead you will need to provide support in all levels of primary education including the development and implementation of appropriate plans and reports for students at educational risk (SAER). The lead EA will to ensure the learning environment is inclusive and relevant. You may be required to provide support and advice on management programs for students at risk, design and implement behaviour management programs, maintain records and assist with training and the performance management of education assistants. You will work independently with individuals or small groups of students or in the classroom to enable the delivery of high quality student focused learning programs. A high competency of communication, ICT, numeracy and literacy skills are required.
East Kenwick Primary PS has been part of the Kenwick community for over 35 years. The school has a steady enrolment of around 400 students drawn from a diverse range of cultural backgrounds. Our young leaders accept strong academic and personal challenges and learn with pride. We have a Positive Behaviour Support approach which has four underpinning guidelines: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Caring and Be Your Best.
During 2014 we gained Independent Public School status. This has provided us with greater flexibilities to deliver programs and resources to our students which better cater for their individual needs and differences.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the delivery of education programs and/or behaviour management plans; and ability to identify problems and assist teachers and other Education Assistants in the development of strategies and solutions.
- Well developed oral communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, mentor, coach, induct and train other Education Assistants and professional teams, including providing advice and evaluating education programs.
- Well developed written communication skills, including report writing, and the ability to coordinate, collect and present student data at a whole school community level in a meaningful way.
- Well developed organisational skills, including the ability to coordinate staff rosters and relief to assist in the delivery of effective education programs.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about East Kenwick Primary School can be found by visiting www.eastkenwickps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jan Hepburn, Principal by telephoning (08) 9459 1251 or emailing Jan.Hepburn@education.wa.edu.au
During the vacation period please contact Jan Hepburn, Principal, on 0488 900 955.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 18 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.