Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA599405
Hedland Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint two dedicated and enthusiastic Program Coordinator – Student Services Manager.
We currently have the following positions available:
- Two (2) x twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position with possible extension and/or permanency
Both positions will commence Term 1, 2020
In collaboration with the Principal and members of the administrative team, the Program Coordinator – Student Services Manager provides educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision, and encouraging school staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals.
Using effective change management strategies, the Student Services Managers will lead the school community to accept and develop opportunities for improved service in the relevant area of responsibility. The positions are split into the Program Coordinator – Student Services Manager – Years 7-8 and Program Coordinator – Student Services – Years 11-12.
Hedland SHS, located in South Hedland, is an Independent Public School catering for students from Years 7 to 12. At Hedland SHS, we understand that the education of children is unique. Our differentiated education programs develop students’ skills and talents, allowing them to achieve success in their own chosen pathway. We have a number of programs to support high-achieving students at our school. Our LEAP (Learning Extension Academic Program) offers an accelerated curriculum to high achieving students in Years 7 to 10.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Further information about Hedland Senior High School can be found by visiting www.hedlandshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Jayne Tracey, Deputy Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in South Hedland by telephoning (08) 9172 8000 or emailing Jayne.Tracey@education.wa.edu.au.
During the school holiday period please phone Andrea Parker, Principal, on 0417 174 862.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements [optional to select specific WRR], in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 15 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.