Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP599435
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Who are we looking for?
Duncraig Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an inspiring and motivated leader to join our team in the position of Associate Principal. The Associate Principal will work closely with the Principal and members of the Executive Team to provide educational leadership in the school and the community.
About the role
As Associate Principal, you will need to be innovative, proactive and a strategic thinker. While the current portfolio of this Associate Principal role is within the Years 7 - 8, the successful applicant may be required to assume other Associate Principal roles in future years, flexibility and interest in this potential opportunity is advantageous. You will possess outstanding interpersonal skills, creating a team first environment with the capabilities to bring people together, identify opportunities and establish new initiatives. You will have effective communication, organisation and collaboration skills, in addition to maintaining and developing positive partnerships throughout the school community.
Duncraig SHS Associate Principals work collaboratively, though have negotiated areas of responsibility. It is highly desirable the successful applicant will possess strong leadership qualities and high-level professional knowledge of secondary schooling. Experience and an understanding of Year 7 – 8 processes and policies, including the management and collaboration with Primary Schools to facilitate Year 6 into 7 transition is advantageous.
You will be responsible for the Year 7 – 8 curriculum and pastoral care support as well as leading the school’s quality teaching strategy, associated with professional learning, career development initiatives and strategic workforce planning. You will play a key role in human resource management, recruitment and selection of teaching staff and school leaders. You will also be responsible for daily operations such as whole school calendar management, excursions, National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) and Online Literacy and Numeracy Assessment (OLNA) online.
Duncraig SHS is a SEQTA school with a commitment to using Information Communication Technology (ICT) to enhance learning. It is highly desirable you will have an understanding of online systems and will take an active role in the ongoing expansion of SEQTA functionality.
At Duncraig SHS we present a very collegiate and supportive team of staff committed to the delivery of high-quality teaching and learning programs and outstanding pastoral care who are dedicated to the success of all students. Duncraig SHS is situated in the north-western suburbs on the coastal strip 18km from Perth. We cater for students from Year 7 to Year 12 and are a school of high standards where the care and progress of every child is the first priority. We continue to improve our resources and facilities through the support of our Board, our parent body and the Education Department. Duncraig SHS is part of a thriving community where students have a voice and regularly return to continue their engagement. For more information, please visit our website.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Duncraig Senior High School can be found by visiting www.duncraigshs.wa.edu.au/sites/default/files/DSHS_BP_2021_Draft.pdf or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Peter Lillywhite, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6241 5000 or emailing Peter.Lillywhite@education.wa.edu.au
During the vacation period, please contact Peter Lillywhite, Principal, on 0439 244 214.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements 1 and 4 only, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A one (1) page CV outlining your qualifications, employment history and professional learning summary relevant to the position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees – (your current line manager, a peer who has recently worked directly with you, a staff member you have recently line-managed
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 28 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.