Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA599674
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Carine Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a highly focused and enthusiastic individual to be their Program Coordinator – Academic Performance Manager, who will provide strategic leadership to improve the academic performance of all students from Years 7 to 12.
The successful applicant should be collaborative, able to provide effective feedback and communication to parents, staff and students. The Academic Performance Manager will work closely with the leadership team to monitor and improve the academic performance of our students; develop and lead a whole school Literacy and Numeracy Strategic plan; analyse school data (including NAPLAN, OLNA and Reporting to Parents) to guide planning; facilitate the academic referral process for students at risk; facilitate parent information evenings and assist in developing a culture of observation feedback with staff.
The successful applicant will possess superior interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and a capacity to conceptualise and analyse information including student and school-wide data. You will also be required to identify issues and generate creative and appropriate solutions. Our school relies heavily on electronic communication systems and internal databases to track, monitor and communicate progress. The successful applicant will need to engage in this electronic medium, as opposed to a paper based environment.
Our school has a rich tradition of service to the local, national and international community, with our graduates striving to be conscientious global citizens. Our students are provided with opportunities and support to achieve excellence in an extensive range of school-based academic, music, sporting, cultural, leadership and community service programs.
Carine SHS fosters a positive and caring environment. A dedicated team of professionals support our students' emotional well-being. Our students are recognised and rewarded for their accomplishments.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Carine SHS can be found by visiting www.carinehs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Tracy Griffiths, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9243 9100 or emailing email@example.com.
During the school holidays, please contact Tracy Griffiths, Associate Principal, on 0407 930 969.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) - five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of three (3) - four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 24 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.