Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS597681
This is a permanent part-time (0.25FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019
Mullewa District High School (DHS) is seeking to appoint an experienced, positive and enthusiastic Cleaner in Charge to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the organising and supervising of school cleaning staff, liaising with the relevant manager on cleaning matters. You will be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners. You will ideally be able to organise and supervise staff, and who has knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
As the Cleaner in Charge you will have good communication and interpersonal skills and preferably, experience in supervising staff.
You will be a highly motivated and proactive person who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace in order to provide a visually pleasing and safe learning environment for our students, staff and visitors to the school
Mullewa DHS, located approximately 99 kilometres east of Geraldton, caters for children Kindergarten to Year 12 on the main site and three and four year olds on our nearby off-campus location. Our team of teachers, Aboriginal education workers and experienced education assistants provide engaging classes for our students. The school has a strong focus on students' social and emotional well-being, literacy and numeracy with an innovative intervention strategy for students Kindergarten to Year 9. The school is creating purposeful programs to provide clear career pathways for our secondary students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Mullewa DHS please visit www.mullewadhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Nicki Patterson, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Mullewa, by telephoning (08) 9961 1114 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the vacation period please contact Nicki Patterson on 0439 908 023 (business hours only)
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Telephone Nicki Patterson, Principal, on (08) 9961 1114 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to email@example.com.
Please note the school will be closed from Monday, 30 September 2019 to Friday, 11 October 2019. Only online and emailed applications will be accepted during this time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 28 October 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED