CLOSING DATE: 26 September 2019 at 11:45PM WST
Who we are
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) purpose is to create enduring prosperity for all Western Australians. Our department ensures that primary industries and regions are key contributors to the Government’s agenda for economic growth and diversification, job creation, strong communities and better places.
We work collaboratively across government, industry and community to advance three goals: Protect, Grow, Innovate.
For more information about the Department, please visit our website.
We currently have one (1) permanent full appointment available for immediate filling.
This process may be used to fill other similar vacancies throughout the department. In addition to this, should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position, the panel may select another suitable applicant from this selection process. Both of these options remain valid for a period of six (6) months from approval of the initial recruitment decision.
We are looking for a Principal Trade Consultant to join the Agribusiness Food and Trade, Primary Industry Trade. The purpose of the Agribusiness, Food & Trade (AFT) Directorate is to enable growth in the value, competitiveness and diversification of WA in Agrifood sector through facilitation of value adding, investment and export for the benefit of our community.
This position plays a key leadership role with in the Primary Industry Trade Team, and will be reporting to the Manager of Primary Industries Trade. The Principal Trade Consultant’s role is to provide leadership in areas such as trade policy analysis, market trends and insights, market development and building industry’s capacity to export.
The successful applicant must demonstrate the following:
- Substantial experience working in the trade market access and/or trade market development environment with the ability to engage with stakeholders
- Substantial experience in facilitating the development of new export opportunities for Western Australia’s primary industries sector.
- Experience in trade policies such as international trade agreements, tariff and non-tariff barriers.
- Knowledge and understanding of key market trends and insights to capitalise on export opportunities.
Please refer to the Job Description Form attached for full position details.
Eligibility / Other Conditions
Intrastate and/or Interstate travel may be required.
This position is located in Perth Metropolitan area.
Please note, any successful candidate, including current employees of the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development, will be offered employment subject to the award and agreement conditions that apply to the advertised role as outlined in the attached JDF. By accepting an offer of appointment, the successful applicant accepts the conditions and entitlements under the specified award and agreement.
Further Job Related Information
To discuss this role or for specific enquiries please contact I-Lyn Loo, Manager Primary Industries Trade on 08 9368 3227 (during business hours).
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit:
- A current comprehensive CV, including details of two (2) referees; and
- A covering letter/statement that demonstrates how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the following Work Related Requirements, as detailed on the Job Description Form and in the context of the job specific details in this advertisement in no more than four (4) pages:
- Work Related Requirement 1 – Substantial experience working in a trade market access and development environment with demonstrated ability to engage with key stakeholders to build consensus and collaboration.
- Work Related Requirement 2 – Demonstrated experience in facilitating the development of new export opportunities in WA Primary Industry traded sector including overseeing market intelligence, opportunity identification, improve international market opportunities and trade facilitation project;
- Work Related Requirement 5 – Ability to think strategically, research and analyse issues and apply innovative solutions to complex problems; and
- Work Related Requirements 7 – Ability to effectively manage people and resources.
Please note that, should you be shortlisted, your ability to meet the other work related requirements will be assessed through future stages of the recruitment process.
Applicants are required to apply on line by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen. Applicants must have a current, valid email address in order to apply online and this email address will be used for communication with applicants. Further information is available in the attached Applicant Information Kit.
The Department may consider suitable applicants for appointment to similar future vacancies that may arise over the next 6 months.
If you are having trouble downloading the attachments or lodging your application online, please contact (08) 6552 1943 (during business hours) and quote the Reference number.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and proforma applications will not be accepted. (Please note: Online lodgement is system generated. Any submissions on or after 11:45pm will not be accepted)
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development has a four day breach claim period. For more information, please see the Public Sector Commission Website