Please note: The closing date has been amended and will close on Friday 20-09-2019
Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE597818
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The South Metropolitan Education Regional Office is seeking to appoint a Coordinator Regional Operations to join their team.
The Coordinator Regional Operations provides professional, administrative and operational support to the Regional Executive Director. A major responsibility of this role is the implementation of system-wide strategies and programs which provides support to schools. This position works alongside and in conjunction with the Coordinator Regional Services.
The Coordinator Regional Operations will establish effective formal and informal liaison networks with other agencies, schools, the wider community, industry and political groups to assist in the development of a positive public image for the Department and the Regional Office, as well as ensuring that the level of advice and information provided maintains and enhances the public profile of education. The Coordinator Regional Operations is the first point of contact for schools in their dealings with the Regional office.
The South Metropolitan Education Regional Office is one of eight regional offices located across the State. Regional offices and local education offices are staffed as determined by the Regional Executive Director, in accordance with local context and needs. All officers appointed to regional offices and local education offices are responsible for supporting schools in the regions by promoting system initiatives and providing support and quality assurance to enhance the outcomes of schooling.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Leadership skills and the capacity to utilise them to promote a shared understanding of the role of regional office and contribute to the development of cooperative work teams.
- Experience in managing a complex work environment: demonstrated capacity in financial management, general office management and human resource management, including performance management and disciplinary procedures.
- The ability to plan and coordinate projects including the design and implementation of systems and quality assurance processes and monitor and review policy and program implementation to improve regional level support to schools.
- Conceptual and analytical skills that demonstrate an ability to identify and analyse issues and generate appropriate strategies to address them including policy development and strategic planning skills.
- Communication and public relations skills, including experience in liaising with the media and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including an ability to work in a team environment; skills in negotiation, consultation and conflict resolution; and an innovative approach to problem-solving.
- A good understanding of the need to establish and maintain productive relationships with the customer base of the regional office and a focus on the achievement of excellence in service delivery.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kerry Wright, Coordinator Regional Operations, by telephoning (08) 9336 9536 or emailing Kerry.Wright@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements with particular emphasis on Work Related Requirements 3,4,5,6,7, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 20 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED