Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS597758
Albany Secondary Education Support Centre (ASESC) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
The suitable applicants will, under teacher direction, assist in the development, implementation and assessment of specialised education programs. They will support the delivery of planned education programs, operation of digital technologies, including communication and implement individual student or small group programs or demonstrations. They will also provide feedback on education and therapy programs and participate in the evaluation process relating to the achievement of educational goals. The suitable applicants will be collaborative, highly professional, organised, excellent communicators, efficient at documentation and become involved in the supportive, innovative and dynamic school.
Our school's purpose is to support all students at ASESC to reach their potential and become lifelong learners. Our school fosters an inclusive environment which caters for all students' educational, social and emotional needs and abilities. We provide opportunities for them to develop the relevant skills, attitudes, values and understandings which will allow them to fulfil their potential, develop independence for life at work and recreation, and actively belong in their community and society. Our school provides excellence in all areas of specialised education; we focus on preparing and transitioning students to work and the community while providing high levels of support and pastoral care.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment.This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including report writing and the ability to effectively interact with students with special needs, and liaise with parents, teachers and community members and assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute to a professional team and provide advice and evaluation in the development of the education program, including special education and therapy programs where they have been implemented.
- Ability to assist professionals in the implementation and evaluation of education programs, including special education and, if required, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Effective organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs and subsequent feedback and evaluation to teachers or psychologists.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Albany Secondary Education Support Centre can be found by visiting www.albanysecondaryesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Karen Campbell, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, by telephoning (08) 9841 4900 or emailing Karen.Campbell@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements against the Selection Criteria, in context of the role (JDF) and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three to four (3-4) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 7 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.