Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS597410
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019
Join a dedicated and successful team and help make a difference to the community!
East Kalgoorlie Primary School (PS) is seeking a motivated and compassionate Education Assistant – Mainstream to join their dedicated team.
As an Education Assistant - Mainstream you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will work in collaboration with teachers to create and maintain a supportive, inclusive education program for all students. The successful applicants will be passionate about making a difference. They will be organised and will be able to use their initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment. These skills will also be utilised to aid teachers by assisting with the general care and well-being of students.
The successful applicant will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations and will assist the teacher with the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities
East Kalgoorlie PS is a family orientated school servicing the entire Kalgoorlie-Boulder area. The school values relationships with students, staff, parent/carers and the wider community. It actively fosters parent/carer and community involvement in the students’ education. The school focuses on the Early Years of schooling and with its wrap-around services for every student is uniquely placed to offer a highly supportive, nurturing environment.
East Kalgoorlie PS has been identified as a school demonstrating exemplary performance in the areas of relationships and the learning environment. We are known for our innovative approach to learning for our diverse group of young learners, which impacts positively on our students’ outcomes.
At our school we value the following
- Thinking outside the box
- Facing challenges together
- Discovering new things
- Appreciating differences in others
Our school vision – We will make them butterfly wings.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about East Kalgoorlie Primary School can be found by visiting www.eastkalgoorlieps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Bernadette Delaney, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9068 2400 or emailing Bernadette.Delaney@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two  page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two  pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three  work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 23 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINEPROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.